The fishers eke out their livelihood through fishing in Marine/ Fresh water bodies. Unlike terrestrial activities, the fishing activity in coastal waters and inland water bodies involves high risk of lives and fishing assets. This risk factor is more during natural calamities and the victim families strive for their subsistence in the event of accidental deaths of family head/ earning member. Hence, to assist the victim families during accidental deaths and incidents of permanent disabilities with Ex-gratia for their livelihood.
- To pay compensation of Rs 10.00 Lakhs to victims/ victim families in the event of accidental death/ Permanent disability during fishing in Sea/fresh water bodies
- To provide sustenance to victims/ victim families for their livelihood
- To provide social security to victimised families
Mode of Implementation:
- In the event of accidental deaths/ permanent disability, the Village Fisheries Assistants and AIF/FDO concerned shall facilitate the victim fisher families to submit the proposals in the prescribed manner duly enclosing all relevant documents.
- The Village Secretariat shall verify the proposals received and recommend to concerned District Fisheries Officer through concerned VFA/AIF/FDO/Divisional Officer.
- The field level officers AIF/FDO/ Divisional Fisheries Officer should verify at field level and recommend the eligible applications along with all relevant documents duly certifying the genuineness of the incidents to the DFO concerned
- DFO will forward the application one to Labour Department through SERP to process the application and to make payment of ex-gratia as per the eligibility.
- The DFO should forward one set of application along with relevant documents to Commissioner of Fisheries, AP., Vijayawada for verification and process the application.
- The H.O. will scrutinize the proposal as per the guidelines and sanction the Department share of ex-gratia to the legal heirs of deceased / victim fishers for permanent disability as the case may be.
- The Ex-gratia amount to victim fisher family/ victim fisher should be transferred through DBT through online payment
- On transfer of the ex-gratia to victim family/ victim fishers through DBT, the DFO should inform the details of ex-gratia sanctioned and released in the form of letter to victim family/ victim fishers, village secretariats, concerned MLA and other public representatives.
- AIF/FDO/Divisional Officer and DFO should maintain the records with all the details of ex-gratia processed and sanctioned for sharing the information as and when required by the higher authorities.
- The payment of ex-gratia to victim family/ victim fishers should be done in most transparent and accountable manner without giving any scope of misappropriation/ adverse comments or allegations.